On Thursday 13 January 2005 17:22, Gert Cuykens wrote:

> I am trying to select a character on a bike from a image and it has
> alot of shape variations in it ?
>
> How would you select complicated objects from a image ?

Depending on the image, a variety of techniches might be tried, in
order to achieve the fastest or best results.

Using the scissors tool for starting, and later retouching it with the
Free Select tool in add and subtract modes is an option. But you
could find it is better to retouch the selection using the quickmask
(click on the small square to the left of the horizontal scroll bar =
doing this you will be able to 'paint' on the selection with any
paint tool.

Regards,

        JS
        -><-