Hi all,
I seem to remember some discussion about this once, but not sure.  It
may have been more yelling about the new file browser look than
anything too.  ;o)

Anyway, is it still possible to get a mini preview window for the files
you intend to load?  That was in the earlier Gnome & Gimp, but I can't
seem to find it now, if it's still available.  Some other local users
here say they still have it with Gimp 2.0.x versions, but I'm not sure
what version of Gnome files they are running.  I think mine are 2.6
presently and maybe it's just 2.8 that has the preview now?

      Registered Linux User #225206
  "Don't let the fear of striking out keep
        you from playing the game!"