On Friday 14 January 2005 03:53 pm, BandiPat wrote:
> Hi all,
> I seem to remember some discussion about this once, but not sure.  It
> may have been more yelling about the new file browser look than
> anything too.  ;o)
> Anyway, is it still possible to get a mini preview window for the
> files you intend to load?  That was in the earlier Gnome & Gimp, but
> I can't seem to find it now, if it's still available.  Some other
> local users here say they still have it with Gimp 2.0.x versions, but
> I'm not sure what version of Gnome files they are running.  I think
> mine are 2.6 presently and maybe it's just 2.8 that has the preview
> now?
> Thanks,
> Patrick

Ok, I'm adding more to my email. since I have learned more since asking
the original question.  It seems that SuSE has done something to their
build of Gimp 2.0.4 that is provided with 9.2 that disables the preview
pane in the file browser.  In looking at their src rpm, I find, what
looks like a file added to disable that.

Now, next question?  Anyone know of a new 2.2.2 Gimp rpm for SuSE 9.2?
I tried compiling, but something happened during the configure that I
haven't seen before and it failed horribly!  I'll try again later, but
in the mean time, if anyone knows where to find a good rpm already
compiled for SuSE 9.2, that will work for me too.  ;o)

      Registered Linux User #225206
  "Don't let the fear of striking out keep
        you from playing the game!"