"Geek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I am a Debian woody user and use the .deb package of GIMP, which is
> 1.2.3 at this time.
> I just had to re-install and found my freshly installed GIMP cannot
> write XPM, but only read.
> I have the full XPM libraries installed, including the -dev headers.
> Until this is fixed, I am using XnView 1.68 to convert to XPM from
> saved PNG and it has no problem accessing the XPM libraries, My
> IceWM+dfm also has no problem accessing the libraries, so they must
> be good.

No, they are not good. The problem is that your version of the XPM
library doesn't allow absolute path names to be used which breaks the
gimp XPM plug-in. The fact that other tools work doesn't prove that
your verson of libxpm is 'good'.

See also:

> F-prot also found [EMAIL PROTECTED] trojan in the Win32 libs of the
> 1.2.5 source.

F-prot is on crack and the F-prot people have been told about this a
long time ago. The fact that they didn't fix that yet doesn't shed a
good light on them.