If I'm in the wrong place, please point. I don't know where to turn. I am aware the problem is not exclusive to GIMP, but it's driving me nuts, and it may be something simple. I sure hope so.

Using 2.2 on Fedora Core 3. When I do a "save as" in any application, once I type a character or 2, the auto-complete function fills in some name I don't want related to something in the same directory, and puts my cursor back at the beginning of the name, so I end up typing over the name and get something stupid.

I cannot imagine where I could configure the save dialog for auto-complete to be turned off, but boy do I want to do it.This way i type, stop, move the cursor and continue. How convenient!

Been poking around on the web but do not know how to word this to limit my results to what I want...not even sure it's called auto-complete in the save dialog.

Jim Clark
IBM Global Services, Service Delivery Center - West
Lenexa, Kansas