Hi,

steve hudson wrote:
> i think you'll find somewhere in GPL you cant distribute it under another
> name and have no reference to GPL on the site

You're getting copyright (the licence) and trademarks (the name)
mixed up.

There is nothing preventing me from releasing what's in GIMP CVS
as "Dave's Paint Program". I must release it under the GPL. That
means, I must include a file with the GPL in the package I sell
you. You can then request the source code, which I must provide
to you, charging no more than the cost of the media it comes on.

> and if this is the way GPL works you need to seriously rethink it

It's been pretty well thought out before.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
        David Neary,