On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 03:16:53PM -0800, Bill W. wrote:
> Hi,
> I just introduced a friend to Gimp (win32). We used the GTK installer first
> and the Gimp2 installer second. I noticed that the installer says that we
> were installing version 2.2. Anyway Gimp would not run citing an error that
> it could not find a bunch of dll's.
> I checked on my machine (I dual boot) and found them in C:\Program
> Files\GIMP-2.0\bin. That's where they were installed on my friend machine,
> as well. The error message said it was looking for those dll's in
> C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins.
> So we just copied all the dll's from the bin directory to the appropriate
> plugins directory. Not the most elegant fix but the Gimp now works.
> Is this an issue with the installer? I guess this might be a bug report but
> I'm not sure where to report it.
which installer?  also, i think that the dll's that gimp cited would be
important to this discussion.

i use gimp on linux so, i don't think i will be able to help you that
much -- but it should be helpful to others to know which installer and
which dlls gimp couldn't find.  you would need to know this much before
we let you know the secret location of the bug reporting device anyways.