Michele Petrazzo wrote:
> hardware: cpu amd 2600+, 1GB ram, hd 80GB Maxtor, ati 7000 64MB

> Is this correctly, so gimp don't work well with these big image?

Did you use the default value for the tile cache size, or did you adjust
it? The default value is 128 MB IIRC, but if you're going to open large
images and you have 1 GB of RAM, it should be much higher than that.

I don't know what the optimal size is in your case, but I'd try with
something like 768 MB, or even more if you're not planning to run a lot
of other applications concurrently with Gimp.

"Codito ergo sum"
Roel Schroeven