Hi,

Graham Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> --pdb-compat-mode on : made no difference

It shouldn't since that's the default. But I wanted to make sure. I
also checked the code and the old enums are always available. The
command-line option only affects deprecated function names.

> --pdb-compat-mode warn : produced the following error messages on stdout

These warnings indicate that you should port your code to the new
context API. It will continue to work with the old API but the new
stuff has some advantages. You can call gimp-context-push /
gimp-context-pop around your script and have it run in it's own
context, thus not affecting the foreground/background colors in the
user context.

> Using the constant the PDB seems to recommend GIMP-FOREGROUND-FILL
> results in an "unbound variable" error being displayed. Why does
> FOREGROUND-FILL work and GIMP-FOREGROUND-FILL fail? Is that a
> mistake in the PDB or should I just know to knock GIMP- off the
> front of the name?

You are supposed to know. The Procedure Browser and the API docs show
the C API. The Script-Fu API uses slightly different style.

Sven