I can see that fuzzyness you're talking about, and it seems strange that a
direct screenshot would result in that... so it may have to do with your export.

I looked at one of your PNG screenshots... opening it in Photoshop I was
presented with a prompt about Pixel Aspect Ratio. The PNG's you've exported
have the "PHYS" PNG chunk in them. This controls the the aspect ratio of the
pixels of the image, believe it or not. I think it's supposed to give you
control over how an image is viewed on different displays (crt, lcd, mobile
phone, tv, etc).

Maybe this is having an effect? It certainly did when I opened it in Photoshop.
After removing the PHYS chunk, the screenshot looked a lot more normal in
Photoshop... but it still had a little fuzzyness.

So maybe it's the compression you're choosing for the PNG? All your PNG's are
RGB... so that has lossy compression. Are you putting it down a little bit?

Since these are screenshots of applications... I would recommend outputting
Indexed PNG's instead of RGB. This has some advantages in this case... like
smaller file sizes (only a few colours are being used in your screenshots)...
plus it uses lossless compression, so your screenshots will not get blurry.

Go to "Image/Mode/Indexed" before exporting the PNG. Reduce the colours to what
you think is a little higher than what the screenshot is using... hopefully
GIMP will detect unused colours and remove them. For dithering options... turn
them off unless you have large areas of an image with gradients occuring.

When you export the PNG... uncheck all boxes in the PNG options, and make sure
compression is maximum.

Try this stuff out, see what happens.

BTW, search for a windows utility called TweakPNG. It's a great PNG utility...
it gives you control over the internal workings of a PNG.