Sven Neumann wrote:
Hi,

Robin Laing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Now Photoshop has the benefit of large development teams and the
necessary funding to support optimization.  It would be nice to have
that with the GIMP as well.

But GIMP is Free Software with the source code open to everyone.
So the GIMP's development team could be as large as it's user base.

Sven

You are correct but many of the users wouldn't know C++ from JAVA so wouldn't be much help in the optimization. I am a user but I don't have any time to assist in the development other than submitting bug reports which I have never had to do with GIMP.

But volunteers do have the personal pride as a better driver than that dollar paycheck.

--
Robin Laing