On Wednesday 09 March 2005 07:46, nornagon wrote:
> Hihi, list.
>
> I'm writing to complain about the Path Tool. Sorry if this has been
> brought up before; I haven't checked the archives or anything.
> Also, if this should go in the -devel ml, just poke me and I'll
> move the discussion there.
>
> The path tool is pitifully lacking in features. One is unable to
> select points by dragging a box around them, you can't split
> selected points into a new path, the lines are not rendered
> dynamically, the path 'layers' are too independent from the other
> layers.
>
> So, here's a few things I propose:
> * Move path 'layers' into the normal layers window, however you do
> it. * Render paths dynamically.
> * Give each separate path options for how it should be rendered
> (width, color, cap style, etc. Basically the stuff in the Stroke
> Path dialog)
> * Add more tools for working with paths (split, join,
> drag-to-select, select a whole sub-path, invert selection, etc.
> etc.)
>
> If you do even a few of these, O Almighty Developers, I will
> worship you forever.
>
> If some of these things have been implemented without my knowledge,
> please slap me in the head and point me at how to use them.
>
> ...on second thoughts, I could do without the slapping.

None of this is implemented. The idea of dynamicaly rendering them,
and having  "path layers" has been launched, but no one is working on
it at the moment.

As for the other suggestions, you better file them at
bugzilla.gnome.org, or they will be lost in time.

And, instead of worshipping, if you would consider funding someone to
work on these features instead, it would become more likely they
would be implemented. As the things in GIMP stands now, developers
working on their free time are pursuing other parts of the program.

> Thanks! ^_^
Regards,

        JS
        -><-