On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 05:01:02PM -0500, Micheal LeVine wrote:
> I finally untangled the mess and got things to configure.
>
>       LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib
>       PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/:/usr/lib/pkgconfig/
>
> Now it works.

well, it looked like the suspicious part to me.

hidden in a "how to build gimp from cvs" tutorial on the main gimp web
site is a script that will do this for you correctly all of the time.
http://www.gimp.org/source/howtos/gimpenv

from the commandline type "source gimpenv" and then use that login shell
to build gimp with.

since redhat9 is getting a little old by now, this script might be
useful to help you build other software you might like to update for
your system.

how is that new gimp running there?

carol