Alan Horkan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The suggestion going round has been that the icon included in the
> window decoration would become a drag target and dragging it to the
> desktop would save it.

The icon in the window decoration is not under control by the
application. Well, the application can ask the window manager to use a
certain icon but it doesn't get access to the icon itself.  There is
definitely no way to use it as a DND source or target.

As of today, the CVS version of GIMP allows you to save by dragging
out of the Images dialog or from the image preview in the toolbox.
This requires a file-manager supporting XDS. So far I have only found
rox-filer to support this feature.