Hi,

I am buying a new computer which I will use for photo editing with the
GIMP. I am considering an AMD Athlon 64 processor, because with the 64 bit
registers I am thinking many operations should be faster. However, I'm not
sure the GIMP supports the 64 bit mode that well. Working is one thing,
but actually squeezing all the juice out of my 64 bit CPU is something
else! :)

So, my questions are: Does the GIMP work at all on 64 bit platforms? If
so, would it do any good? If not, is this being worked on, and is there an
approximate ETA?

Thanks!

Ketil Froyn
[EMAIL PROTECTED]