>> File a bug against gtk+. The old filesel special cased /afs and /net,
>> the new one doesn't appear to.

I think this is not the fact. If I compile

this program works fast and fine. There you have a pulldown menu
which contains the cwd and all supaths. But without inspecting them
until I select them!

On the other hand the 'open file' of gimp 2.2.4 offers one clickable
button per subpath. And as I see on the console these subpaths are
inspected. That is absolutely nonsens.

So if some of you can tell me where is the source file I can change
I will do.

Thanks for help!