Hi Sven,

I'm using version 2.2.4.

I've figured out what the problem was -- the image wasn't in RGB mode, it
was 'indexed', which I guess doesn't support the alpha channel in TIFF.

Thanks,

Greg

Gregory Yetman
Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN)
Columbia University
e-mail: gyetman (at) ciesin.columbia.edu
tel: (845) 365-8982