Jeffrey Brent McBeth wrote:

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 03:57:56PM +0100, David Marrs wrote:

cedric wrote:

I wonder why, when Opening or creating a document, there are only 3
color channel and then, when creatin a layer, the alpha is coming. What
this stand for ?

Cedric

The bottom layer cannot be transparent, as far as I'm aware, so it does not have an alpha channel associated with it. You can still export transparent gifs and pngs though.

Err, unless I am misunderstanding you, you are wrong.

Yup, sorry. I should know that, having made bottom layers transparent in the past! (wtf?) I don't know where I got that from. Put it down to lack of coffee.

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.9.7 - Release Date: 12/04/2005