On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 03:16:30PM -0500, Jim Clark wrote:
> Is there something I should be doing to get a smaller file size?

a not so obvious file size issue is whether or not your image has an
alpha channel.  if your png needs transparent areas then this is a
needed channel.  if your png does not need transparency, it can still be
saved with the channel.

an example being the screenshots on my web site.  if they are screen
shots of menu's stepping out, those images needed transparent areas and
are really big compared to the simpler screen shots of dialogs.  if you
do not have transparent areas in your screenshot, Image -->Flatten will
reduce the file size by an amount that i was able to see.