On Sunday 24 April 2005 21:06, jim feldman wrote:
> Quoting Asif Lodhi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Hi Jim,
> >
> > Though I have never worked with such large images, don't you
> > think
>
> it
>
> > would be a good idea to save each TIFF as XCF, do whatever you
> > want

> > do on XCF and then save the modified XCF as TIFF again?  May be
> > odd behavior will go away that way because XCF is the native file
>
> format.
>
> > May be increasing the tile cache will work with the XCF!
> >
> > Best regards
>
>   Thanks for the offer, but thats exactly what I WAS doing.  Both
> TIFF and XCF blow up, and it's not just during decompose, thats
> just one way for me to get it to happen relieably.  I've had it
> happen during levels, making a layer copy, anything which seems to
> effect the whole image.

FIne...
So it is past the time for bugzilla.
The main developers will answer you faster there.

This is surely a great malfunction which should be fixed -
yoiu have not mentioned the O.S. you are using, did you?

Ok..better fill these details in bugzilla  - search in there too (in
other bug reports) for how to generate a traceback - developers wlll
need it.

Regards,

        JS
        -><-