On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 03:32:40PM -0400, Tom Cat wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.  I didn't install the rpms, I complied
> everything from source.  It was the only way I knew I could force them
> into my custom directory.  I downloaded libtiff from
> http://www.libtiff.org/
a few things here, and not much actual help, so if you want to quit
reading it, this is the warning.

1) google is trying to change the way the gimp lists respond to mail, i

2) you are using an old linux distribution.  i am sorry about that.  it
   is the ultimate in cheap and lazy and you will still be able to get
   gimp to work.

3) i was successful in getting gimp to build in /usr/  and i was
   successful in getting gimp to build in /usr/local/.  the reason my
   experiences are limited to this is that someone who is competent with
   computers is running my system.

good luck with your build,