--- Kalle Ounapuu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've been using Photoshop for a bunch of years and
> only recently used GIMP a few times at work.
>
> Having access to Photoshop and being comfortable
> with it, I have no reason to use GIMP. The times I
> have used it, I was a bit annoyed by the
> interface... how there is no main window that
> contains everything. As well, some of the
> organization of menus seemed odd.

I also use both  Photoshop and Gimp and agree that
Potoshop is more user friendly.
The lack of a main window in Gimp seems to be a major
irritation for new users. That you see all the icons
and open windows behind your canvas could be annoying.
I've never understood myself why developers haven't
designed a main window for Gimp yet. As far as I know
Gimp is the only app that uses this non-standard
interface. Are you aware that Gimpshop, now uses
Photoshop-like menu structure?

The time when I choose Gimp over Photoshop is when I
create special effects and textures. Here Gimp clearly
bits Photoshop. Especially when you combine the filter
effects with Script-fu. Of course, you  can always buy
extra filters for Photoshop but here I am comparing
the default settings.

> More control over chunks in PNG files.

What's your problem with Gimp's png output.

> In terms of editing, layers, and effects... nothing
> beats Photoshop.

I agree.

jozsefmak