Just a general question to throw out there: Is it feasible to have GIMP be modular in it's filters and image tools (basically all of the image processing stuff outside of painting)? I've worked in 3D with apps that have such an approach, where each module can be added / removed and the object(s) update accordingly. This would make image editing even more flexible, professional, and sexy (hehehe). This way, one doesn't worry as much about having to go thru a lot of undos when something goes wrong or the artist has a flash of inspiration that's on a totally different track than he/she was on before. I've been using GIMP for quite a while now, and I believe such functionality would really enhance the GIMP experience.

Are you thinking of something like Blender's object viewer?

I quite like the idea of seeing the signal path laid out in a modular form. You can see the channels flowing through the layers, which layers have filters operating on them and how this affects the signal. It would certainly be useful from the point of view of understanding how an image gets processed in the GIMP. I don't know how useful it would be as a tool in its own right, though. Perhaps you could use it to highlight problems you're having.

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.11.5 - Release Date: 04/05/2005