On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 10:07:34PM +0100, David Marrs wrote:
> Carol Spears wrote:
> >it would be better and "easier" to insist that people work with the
> >default gimp set up before making suggestions about where to put the
> >information.
> >
> >thanks,
> >carol
> >

> "Easier" for whom? the users or the developers?  Since there's only one
> GIMP set-up anyway, I don't see how it makes a difference; any
> suggestion I make is going to be a direct result of the default GIMP
> set-up that I'm using. I'm not biased by Photoshop, PSP or anything
> else, I'm just acutely aware of the user interface's short comings and
> I'm trying to address them.
well it would be easier if you reorganized your approach to using
TheGIMP and this would be easier for you and for the gimp developers.

all i suggested was that you use the default set up before you start to
say where the information should be.

if you don't think this is easier for everyone, then we disagree.