On Monday 16 May 2005 22:32, Eric P wrote:
> I have a handful of Gimp images that have 50+ layers.
>
> With the move tool's 'Pick a layer or guide' selected, I can
> quickly find where a particular layer is in the stack with a left
> click. However, as soon as I let go of the mouse, I've lost where
> the layer is as the selected layer switches back to the layer that
> was selected prior.  Now I have to remember about how far down the
> layer, remember the layer name and dig to find it so I can work on
> it.
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to have the layer you've just picked in this
> manner automatically become the selected layer?
>
> Opinions please.

Hi Eric!
What you describes was the default behaviour of the GIMP uyp to the
2.0 series.

When the new behavioyr was introduced, people perceived exactly what
you are asking for. Then, the old behaviour was made available via  a
setting in the preferences dialog (in the tool setting, I believe).

Regards,
        JS
        -><-