--- Tom Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> j Mak wrote:
>
> >I like the implementation of transient window
> >management system; it was a very good idea and
> works
> >very well on my gnome desktop.
> >

> What is the transient window management system?

If you check Preferences>window management>...docs are
transient... box, the toolbar and the palettes remain
on the top of the image window all the time. Also,
when you minimize the image window it minimizes all
the palettes and toolbars. The point is that with this
option enabled Gimp starts behaving a bit like
applications with container window layout.

jozsefmak