This might be slightly OT, my apologies if it causes any inconvenience. I just got some new fonts and am not quite sure how/if I can use some of them.

The TTF fonts are familiar; I just put them into my font directory. There are also a few .AFM (Adobe?) fonts. I found other .afm files on my (fedora) machine. Are these only for acrobat and printing? Can I use them with The Gimp? How can/would I install them.

Then there are .wfn fonts which are apparently some proprietary Corel format and are nowhere to be found on my machine. Are these Gimp/Linux compatible at all?

Thanks,

Barton
--
"Concern for man himself and his fate must always be the chief interest of all technical endeavors.... In order that the creations of our mind shall be a blessing and not a curse to mankind. Never forget this in the midst of your diagrams and equations." -- Albert Einstein