This might be slightly OT, my apologies if it causes any inconvenience. I just got some new fonts and am not quite sure how/if I can use some of them.

The TTF fonts are familiar; I just put them into my font directory. There are also a few .AFM (Adobe?) fonts. I found other .afm files on my (fedora) machine. Are these only for acrobat and printing? Can I use them with The Gimp? How can/would I install them.

Then there are .wfn fonts which are apparently some proprietary Corel format and are nowhere to be found on my machine. Are these Gimp/Linux compatible at all?

"Concern for man himself and his fate must always be the chief interest of all technical endeavors.... In order that the creations of our mind shall be a blessing and not a curse to mankind. Never forget this in the midst of your diagrams and equations." -- Albert Einstein