This might be slightly OT, my apologies if it causes any inconvenience.  I just
got some new fonts and am not quite sure how/if I can use some of them.

The TTF fonts are familiar;  I just put them into my font directory.  There are
also a few .AFM (Adobe?) fonts.  I found other .afm files on my (fedora)
machine.  Are these only for acrobat and printing?  Can I use them with The
Gimp?  How can/would I install them.

Then there are .wfn fonts which are apparently some proprietary Corel format and
are nowhere to be found on my machine.  Are these Gimp/Linux compatible at all?

PS:  the last two messages I've sent to the list via SMTP haven't propagated
AFAIK so I'm reposting through a web interface.  Apologies if you receive
"Concern for man himself and his fate must always be the chief interest of all
technical endeavors.... In order that the creations of our mind shall be a
blessing and not a curse to mankind. Never forget this in the midst of your
diagrams and equations."            -- Albert Einstein