On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 04:32:37PM +0200, Pierre-Alexis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I believe Gimp & it's Plugins may be compared to
> Firefox & it's Extensions (although it's maybe not
> implemented identically).
>
> And theres something I love with Firefox and it's
> extensions : the update system.

This has been proposed quite a while ago. If you search an archive of
the gimp-developer list you should find a discussion on this.

The idea is fine. Firefox's extension update system has a lot of holes
in it, so from an implementation perspective it's not really worth
looking at. Something like Debian's apt is a better inspiriation.

> So I was thinking : why not have such update system
> for the Gimp ? It would be really great ! One could
> update the Gimp very easily, without to have to wait
> for the next Gimp stable release...

This statement doesn't make sense. What kind of updates do you think
you'll get faster?

-Yosh