I have the latest versions of libjpeg, libpng, libtiff and libXpm
installed with LD_LIBRARY_PATH set accordingly. I also downloaded and
installed gimpprint, and gimp-help.
After three compile attempts...
1) I still cannot save in any other format other than .xcf
Could you give us more detail, for instance:
- are there some error messages when you try to save in other formats
or just nothing happens ?
- launching gimp from a terminal, do you see messages printed when you
try to save to a .png or a .jpeg ?
there should be some useful information when you configure and/or make
the gimp about missing libraries and skipped functionalities.
2) There is still no 'file/print' menu option
you need to install gtkhtml for this (it required on my distro to
install some additional gnome packages IIRC)
3) The help-browser module still doesn't get built
Thanks for any help?
The new (gimp2) "save" windows is different from the old (gimp1.x) one.
by default, the gimp is set to save according to the file name you give,
based on the extension. Maybe all you need to do is to type this extension.
P.S.: System: Solaris-sparc9
Gimp-user mailing list