Olivier Ripoll wrote:
I have the latest versions of libjpeg, libpng, libtiff and libXpm
installed with LD_LIBRARY_PATH set accordingly. I also downloaded
and installed gimpprint, and gimp-help.
After three compile attempts...
1) I still cannot save in any other format other than .xcf
Could you give us more detail, for instance:
- are there error messages when you try to save in other formats or
just nothing happens ?
- launching gimp from a terminal, do you see messages printed when
you try to save to a .png or a .jpeg ?
Yes, the Gimp error console displays the message 'Unknown file type'
when I try to open or save any file type with an extension other than .xcf
2) There is still no 'file/print' menu option
there should be some useful information when you configure and/or make
the gimp about missing libraries and skipped functionalities.
'configure' reported that it found libgtkhtml
3) The help-browser module still doesn't get built
you need to install gtkhtml for this (it is required on my distro to
install some additional gnome packages IIRC)
libgtkhtml was created and installed prior to creating Gimp
The new (gimp2) "save" windows is different from the old (gimp1.x)
one. by default, the gimp is set to save according to the file name
you give, based on the extension. Maybe all you need to do is to type
Gimp-user mailing list