For those interested, I have started to make a number of hatchings (or
whatever you say in english). Hopefully they are a little bit prettier and
more natural to use as fillings of dark areas than the clean stripes you get
from wrapping pure lines. I'll add rotated versions too to be used as second
layer for making crosshatches.

So far there are only two, but I have more in the drawer coming up.

They can be found at:
http://artcamilla.dk/vaultage/cornucopia/gimp-patterns/ under the names
hatch-XXX.
The reason I used .PAT files instead of just .JPG is that I could specify a
more descriptive name than the name of the file. If these cartoon endeavours
turn out okay, I might make a plug-in for it.

Regards,
Centipede