Michael Schumacher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Charles Figura wrote:
>> I'm using gimp on a debian/KDE installation.  Is there a 'use-existing'
>> type flag for gimp startup?  If I click on a few image icons in a konqueror
>> window, a separate instance of the Gimp is fired up for each image.
>> I'd much prefer that the image be opened in the existing instance of the
>> Gimp (if one exists).
>> I haven't found anything pertaining in the Gimp docs.  Does anybody know
>> of anything out there?
> There is gimp-remote. It seems like the handler configured in Konqueror
> points to gimp instead of gimp-remote. You should check if this has to
> be reported as a bug to the Debian KDE package maintainer.

That would rather be a bug in KDE since the gimp.desktop file
installed by GIMP clearly tells the file manager (and other users of
the .desktop file) that gimp-remote should be used. The .desktop file
specification is supposed to be implemented by KDE. But perhaps
Charles is simply running old versions of GIMP and/or KDE?