On Thursday 02 June 2005 03:25, Rikard Johnels wrote:
> On Thursday 02 June 2005 04.13, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:
>
> Very nice! Thank you Very much!
>
> Works as expected. (almost)
> The image is flagged edited if i use the guides.
> How do i set something so it isn't edited? (Its just a guide, no
> change in the image)
Sorry - for the GIMP that is changing the image.There is no way to
clean the dirty flag, but saving the image.
If it is that important, one workaround would be to save the image
to /dev/null  - but it is a lot of hasle.

> Also, i was thinking of extending the script to use a choice
> "Thirds" too. (the rule of thirds), but i failed to get the hang of
> how to use the if statement...
Just below the line that calculates the "golden mean" insert a
    elif center==2:
        hc = h / 3
        hv = w / 3
and a corresponding option pair in the "register" function

> I am not much of a programmer (as i have stated before), so i need
> all the "babytalk help" i can get...

I'd recomend a visit to www.python.org and to the python tutorial
therein. It wll take you from 20 to 30 minutes, and you will be able
to read the scripts later, and top go back to the python reference to
write your own stuff.

For gimp scripts, there are no changes, but the call to the register
function, and the ability to use any of the hundreds of gimp
functions displayed on the GIMP's PDB browser.

> I do understand more and more for each time.. Maybe in time when i
> get my new SGI machine ill be able to write my own code...
Heh....

Regards,

        JS
        -><-