On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Rikard Johnels wrote:

> Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 03:39:30 +0200
> From: Rikard Johnels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
> Subject: [Gimp-user] Anyone good at converting/porting scripts from perl
>     to python?
>
> I have been trying to get Gimp Perl to run without success for a while now.
> I have decided to try another way..

> The script i want to run is as follows;

> register        "center_guide",
>                 "Creates h- & v-guides at the center of the image.",
>                 "Physical center = width/2 and height/2; Optical center = the
> Golden Mean.",

> How do i convert it to python?
> Python i DO have working...
>
> (I did try to mail the author, but i got a bounced mail...)

I wrote a few scripts for manipulating guides using scheme (one to add a
guide at specified pixel position and another to add guides based on a
percentage of the image size, some of them are included in Gimp 2.2 see
Image, Guides, ...).  Maybe if you are repeating the same task a lot these
are to generalised?

I suppose could rewrite the Centre Guides script in Python (nevermind,
Jaoa has done it already).  Thing is I would have rewritten it i Scheme
already except that I was not convinced anyone would actually want to use
this script.

I would be very interested to know why exactly is the centre guides script
useful?
More importantly, what bigger problem are you trying to solve?

You mention you are also interested in extending the script to divide the
image into thirds, which makes me seriously think there is something
bigger going on you aren't telling us about.

With more information we might be able to offer an even better answer, and
solve the bigger problem rather than only treating the symptoms.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Inkscape http://inkscape.org
Abiword http://www.abisource.com