On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 18:42:55 +0200
"Olivier Lecarme" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> By the way, what is the use of the Device Status dialog?

The Device Status dialog shows you every device that can be used as a pointer
in The GIMP, along with what tool this device is using (and also : foreground
and background colors, brush, pattern, and gradient), which means all these
settings will change accordingly when you switch device. It also indicates
which device is currently in use, as only one can be at a time.

It can be of great help when you don't understand what is happening when you
pick a device (like when you wonder why a lot of things seems to change without
you clicking anywhere, or when I hit a known bug where I couldn't switch back
to the core pointer).

Karine Delvare