I'm trying to get GIMP to work over remote X. All other programs I try to use
on the same setup work, but GIMP is stubbornly refusing.

I log in on the server using

    ssh -X jarl

If I simply fire up xterm, it starts and displays on my local system. However,
GIMP gives the following output:

INIT: gimp_load_config
Parsing '/etc/gimp/2.0/gimprc'
Parsing '/home/rob/.gimp-2.2/gimprc'
gimp_composite: use=yes, verbose=no
Processor instruction sets: -mmx -sse -sse2 -3dnow -altivec -vis
Adding theme 'Small' (/usr/share/gimp/2.0/themes/Small)
Adding theme 'Default' (/usr/share/gimp/2.0/themes/Default)
Writing '/home/rob/.gimp-2.2/themerc'
The program 'gimp' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 150 error_code 3 request_code 38 minor_code 0)

Does this make any sense to anyone out there?

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com