On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 08:51:00AM -1000, wayne wrote:
> When I cut from one layer and paste to another, GIMP pastes the selection
> in the center of the image instead of the same position where I cut it
> from on the previous layer. Is there a configuration switch somewhere that
> would change this behavior?

no, not at this point in time.  also, changing this behavior would upset
the workflow of people who have been using gimp for a long while now.

one extra step will solve your problem.  before you copy, Layer -->Layer
to Image Size.  this is if you really did "cut" from a layer and not
simply select.

carol