On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 12:55 +0200, Jakub Steiner wrote:
> Hello there!
> This functionality indeed appears to only be in 2.3. If you want to have
> a little more interactive control on how the text is placed on the
> curve, I really suggest using Inkscape (http://inkscape.org) and import
> back to GIMP.
> cheers

yeah - I installed the 2.3 version and played with it for a while, and
the text to path thing 'kinda' works, although there is a lot left to
I think I'll follow your recommendation, use Inkscape more often for my
graphic needs - i already have it installed, but don't use it often.

thanks for the input :>

"Non-free programs are dangerous to you and to your community.
        Don't let them get a place in your life." - RMS