Hi,

Alan Horkan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> This change was suggested a while back, on the developer list I
> think.  If I recall correctly it was implemented and is included in
> the latest CVS version of the GNU Image Manipulation program but now
> that I look at the mailing list archives I may be mistaken:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/msg08055.html
> http://www.mail-archive.com/gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/msg08081.html

This change was discussed but never got implemented. The divergence of
feedback actually demotivated me enough to decide to work on other
things instead. Quite a few people seem to like (and actually use) the
current behaviour. I am reluctant to add more preferences but perhaps
we really need one here?

Perhaps we can trade it in for another preference option? So let's
see... Instead of voting for "Space key pushes move tool" against
"Space key allows panning", let's ask "What preference would you miss
least?".

Sven