On Sat, 25 Jun 2005, Sebastien Arbogast wrote:

> Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 10:08:56 -0500
> From: Sebastien Arbogast <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
> Subject: [Gimp-user] One-window user interface
>
> Hi,
>
> I've been using Photoshop until now but I'd like to discover the
> possibilities of the Gimp.

> So is there a way to gather all of that in one single main frame or not?

If you are using Microsoft Windows you may find the DeWeirdifyer useful.
http://registry.gimp.org/plugin?id=3892

If you are using a Unix like operating system then you might consider
using a seperate Workspace, or using an Xnest windows or something else
entirely.

Hmm I suppose I should probably add this to the FAQ:
http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/UserFaq

Later

Alan H.

Inkscape http://inkscape.org