On Tuesday 28 June 2005 10:13 am, John R. Culleton wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 June 2005 08:42 pm, Carol Spears wrote:
> > mr. culleton, i am going to respectfully ask the reason that after all
> > of this time you are not running a cvs version of gimp?  you seem
> > overdue for this.
>
> With other packages there is an overnight snapshot of the CVS,
> bundled as tarball. Does such a facility exist for Gimp?  Where?
>
> > if you find pygtk and get python running on gimp, i would like to have
> > your feedback about my silly little script writing attempts.
>
> Still struggling with pygtk. More later.

Happy to report that they pygtk problem has bee ameliorated. I
found pygtk-2.0 and installed it. Then after a little cut-and
try I copied pygtk-2.0.pc to /usr/lib/pkgconfig. That bypassed
the error messages.

Why the pygtk make install didn't do this automatically I don't
know.
--
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers: