On Tuesday 28 June 2005 10:41 pm, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
> "John R. Culleton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > I am not expert in CVS (translation, I just printed out the
> > manual this morning) but it seems that it is command line driven.
> > Do I sign on to a Gimp CVS server somewhere using telnet?  If so
> > what is the address etc.?
> This might be a good start: http://gimp.org/source/#gimp_from_cvs
> Hmm, is that really the best documentation on CVS that we currently
> offer? Perhaps the classic version (classic and outdated, adjust
> version numbers!) can help: http://classic.gimp.org/devel_cvs.html
> Sven
Actually that first set of instructions was pretty straightforward,
There were just a couple of places where I had to guess. After
an hour or two I now have Gimp 2.2 from CVS compiling!

Next I will try a checkout of gimp without the 2.2. version
indicator and see what is really the bleeding edge. But at the
present rate of compilation I will have time to watch several
innings of NYY at Orioles.

Thanks to one and all for your help and I will report anything
interesting along the way!
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers: