On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 05:56:35PM +0000, John R. Culleton wrote:
> I am working with unstable CVS (2.3.2) and am just trying things
> out. I can find plugins on my disk that have the suffix .py
> which means of course that they are written in python. But often
> they have identical names and functions as older script-fu
> products. So how to I specify the python plug in and distinguish
> it from the similar script-fu plugin? The plugin browser seems not
> to make any distinction, or else it simply doesn't show the
> python plug ins.
congrats for using a cvs version that is newer than mine; i opted to
wait for debian to fix some broken libraries before updating again and
if i am not mistaken, some of the menus you are using are different from

there is a recent effort to make the language of the plug-in or the
script invisible to the user.

the information about the plug-in is cryptically available right now via
the plug-in browser.

i say cryptically since my plug-in browser opened with 2x2 Blur plug-in
and it has been named perl_fu_blur_2x2.

it would be up to the authors at this point to write this into the name.
i think i was consistent about this when writing my python_fu plug-ins.

i should see if debian is ready for me to update gimp yet....