On Saturday 09 July 2005 10:59 am, John Que wrote:
> Hello,
> I know about the "Select rectangular regions" but the rectangle
> I create is with a dashed line.
> Moreover, when I try to insert another rectangle the first
> one disappreas.
> can anybody be more specific ?

To *draw* a rectangle, rather than just *select* a rectangular region:

Step 1: Select a rectangular region.

Step 2: Under the Edit menu (you can right-click to bring up a menu), select
"Stroke selection."

Step 3 (in GIMP 2.2 or later): choose stroke style and width in the dialog box
that will then appear; then click "Stroke" in the dialog box. (In earlier
GIMP versions, the Stroke menu item will automatically use the current
settings for the brush or pencil tool, if I recall correctly).

In some future GIMP version, maybe there will be actual rectangle- and
oval-drawing tools, so this clunky multi-step procedure isn't needed any
more? :o) Or are there already, and I just don't know about them?

David McClamrock