On Sunday 10 July 2005 01:06 am, Tim E. Jedlicka - wrk wrote:
> I'm trying to use the "Select Rectangle" with a fixed aspect ratio. I would
> like it to snap to the corner of the image/layer. I have "snap to guides"
> set, but apparently the edges of an image don't have "default" guides. Is
> there a way to easily accomplish this?
>
> I'm usually trying to crop a 4x6 image down to
> 3.5x5 maximizing as much of the original image as possible.
>
> Thank you for a wonderful program.

You could use the <Image><Canvas Size> to crop your image.  For example,
if your original image is 900 X 600 pixels, you would set the canvas size to
750 X 525 pixels (make sure to unlock the width and height first).  Then use
the offset section of the dialog to "center" the original image in the new
canvas.

HTH
--
Joe Carsto