On Monday 11 July 2005 20:13, Sven Neumann wrote:

> The fact that you find it easier to ask this on a mailing-list than to
> locate it in the user interface makes me wonder if we have any chance
> at all to provide a somewhat intuitive user interface.

i'm not saying nothing (but have wondered similar :))
it's difficult to criticise something which is free and costs you all a
lot of time and investment in creating it, but, saying that there are
some things that annoy me as a user. i think the most annoying thing is
the moving around of menu items (not sure if that's the proper term) so
that with every upgrade one has to search around for where the functions
have moved (example, moving the 'colours' from image to layers function),
and, that some things get dropped, i have no idea what happened to the
dynamic text function --it's just not there anymore (and it was a
fantastic plug-in.) maybe it's because we have not re-installed that
and it was originally a plug-in? but then why does an upgrade cost user
settings ? and so on and so forth :)
nevertheless gimp is still my favourte application, thanks :)