Katie wrote:

I have been skimming the tutorials, but I can't find anything that might tell me how to blend images. Is there a way to do this with gimp? If there is, please tell me. Oh, and it might be better to e-mail me a [EMAIL PROTECTED] because I truthfully have no idea what I'm doing and probably won't be able to find this thread again. Thank you in advance for all of your help!

-Katie

We need a bit more information. There is an excellent program called /inblend/ which blends photos for panoramas so that the seams are not so obvious. If you are after a different type of blending there are these tutorials (the first is for photoshop but can be translated to use with the Gimp)
http://luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/digital-blending.shtml
http://www.halley.cc/photo/multexp/