On Tuesday 26 July 2005 06:59, Martin Vollrathson wrote:
> Sven Neumann wrote:
> > Are you using the pencil tool perhaps? The one and only purpose
> > of the pencil tool is to have a hard edge aligned with the pixel
> > grid.
>
> No, I'm using the brush tool. And there are no hard edges. The
> brush just seems to align with the pixel grid anyway.
>
> http://mavos.net/dump/jagged_line.png
>
> There's a screenshot of a "jagged" curve in a GIMP window. As you
> can see, the lines are unnaturally straight. There's no way I could
> draw that straight if the brush was locking itself to the pixel
> grid, considering that the tablet has a 2000 or so DPI resolution.

?????????????????????
Given this picture, I do not see how it could be physically any
different from what you presented us - tehre simply are not more
pixels on that image.

The subpixel colorign is there as you can see: almost no pixels is
100% black.

Try using a higher resolution on your image - that will give you more
pixels, and they will not look "locked".

IF you want to reduce jagginess anyway, after you are done with your
drawing, copy your layer (t preserve the original drawing in any
case), apply a gaussian blur with radius 2 - 3, and use the curves
tool making an "S" shapped curve.

        JS
        -><-