Sven Neumann wrote:
Ok, so at least the GIMP is supposed to use the precision coordinates
from the tablet? That's all I expect and desire.

As long as the tablet is configured as an extended input device, shows
up in the input device configuration dialog and is enabled there.

Yup, I can see that now. I found a rather vaguely documented feature in the linuxwacom driver called "RawFilter", which just happens to be turned on by deafult. When I turn it off everything works fine.

I'm just surprised this question doesn't turn up all the time.

/Martin